Geyser and Water Heater are an appliance that plays a major role in heating water. Simultaneously, both the appliances are different in several ways. Moreover, it is not only the functionality that matters but you also need to be familiar with signs that indicate your appliance needs geyser service.
Difference between Water Heater and Geyser
A water heater is a system that is used for heating water. In most households, the water heater is used during winters. In winters the temperature of normal water drops and seems cold enough to touch where we need hot water to use. The water heater is used in many forms to heat the water like a kettle, heating rod, etc. These appliances use the energy source for heating the water and therefore are considered as water heaters.
On the other hand, the geyser is a kind of water heater that is mostly utilized for domestic purposes. It is related to the continuous water supply system. Above all, geysers can be gas or electric system based. Generally, it is referred to the springs or natural fountains that strike a flow of water and steam into the air, intermittently.
Sings that Indicate your Geyser needs Service
As a homeowner, you won’t easily realize that something is going wrong with our geyser until you find a flow of cold or less hot water. It’s not just that you need a quick replacement of your Geyser once it wears out. Proper and timely maintenance can do much more to avoid unnecessary replacement of the geyser. Therefore, here are some signs that will help you understand if your geyser needs servicing and help you in saving money in the long run.
- Leakage in Geyser: The leakage in the geyser indicates that it needs servicing. The metal in the geyser widens once the tank becomes hot. Therefore, the fluctuation in expansion and contraction of the metal tanks can lead the tank to have cracks. Hence, there might be an issue with the hose in the geyser, or any element of the geyser might also get disconnected. However, at this moment you will need to call the geyser service center
- No flow of hot water: Geyser is an amazing appliance that helps in winter with hot water. When you open the tap and there is no hot water supply then your geyser needs to be serviced. Furthermore, the heating element inside the geyser can be defective. Maybe the thermostat is not working. Now, calling the professional geyser service will help you in having a cost-saving repair and no replacement of the geyser
- Overheated Geyser: The major cause of an overheated geyser can be a poor thermostat. Generally, the thermostat is comprised of open or off position. The thermostat can stop heating the water if this continues. At times the thermostat with the on position will lead to the geyser explosion. In this situation, you need to turn off the geyser immediately and contact the professionals right away
- Corroded Water: The corroded water also states the geyser needs servicing. Furthermore, if you notice the discolored or rusty-colored water flow when the tap is turned on then the tank inside the geyser might be corroded. Therefore, the corroded tank can lead to the flow of brown-colored rusted water. Subsequently, the anode rods in the geyser attract the corrosive particles in the geyser. Thus, the anode rod might need to be replaced if you can see the rusty water flowing through the tap.
Sings That Indicate Your Water Heater Needs Servicing
- Uneven Heat: If your water heater is not able to supply quality hot water then it indicates some disturbance in it. The level of heat might fluctuate from low to high. However, this can be due to the buildup of mineral deposits around the water heater’s heating element. Also, this leads to improper heating of water and overheating of the tank. So, it’s time to call a water heater service professional right away
- Reduced pressure for hot water: The buildup of mineral deposits not only blocks the heating unit but can also block the pipes that are connected to the water heater. As water finds it difficult to pass through these blockages, the water pressure can get reduced.
- Strange Sounds: In normal, the water heater produces some sort of light sound. At the same time, it also produces strange sounds like loud popping, cracking, rumbling sounds which is a serious issue. The buildup of mineral deposits in the water heater overheats the appliance and heats the water. Hence, this makes the water heating hard and also causes the heating element to burn due to excess pressure for boiling the water. However, the sediments inside can produce a strange sound as they move by pushing or shoving around.