In the coldest months of winter or during the sunny summer months, camping is a popular game in India. Starting from the Himalayan ranges to the North towards Rajasthan deserts and beyond, you will never find a campsite in this region. There’s no right or wrong method to camp here, and those seeking an experience that is more relaxing in the wilderness may opt for any of the luxurious resorts or camp experiences. Traditional campers are able to put up their tents and enjoy an evening or two beneath the starry night sky. Camping in India can be enjoyed in conjunction with other sports like rappelling, river rafting, and boating.
1. Spiti Valley: Nestled between the mountains, Spiti Valley is a cold desert region located in the State of Uttar Pradesh. One of the most sought-after camping spots in the country, campers and hikers alike travel to the valley all through the season. The area is filled with numerous lakes at high altitudes with lush valleys and barren hills, which would like for exploration. A number of Tibetan villages line the valley, and there are small monasteries scattered throughout the area. The ideal time to visit Spiti is in the summer months, from May to August, during which the weather is the most comfortable.
2. Sam Sand Dunes: If you’re looking for a unique experience in desert camping, visit Sam Sand Dunes in Jaisalmer. This luxurious desert safari camp is ideal for those who want a luxurious and easy experience. The camp has large, well-equipped camping tents, completely equipped with bathroom facilities with ensuites and meals plans. Numerous fun activities are on offer at the camp, including guided excursions, safaris, and fire pits. Sam Sand Dunes host live entertainment shows regularly, including belly dancing shows and DJ nightclubs.
3. Neora Valley Camp: Located at an altitude of more than 6000 feet in West Bengal, the Neora Valley Camp is one of the most beautiful camping spots in the nation. It offers breathtaking perspectives across the Himalayan ranges and the Himalayan ranges. The Nature Camp provides a great escape for those seeking to get away from the city’s bustle. The camp has basic camp rooms available for stay. In the forested hills of the area, There is plenty to do and see and also. Numerous trekking trails wind through the forest, and one can take a wildlife exploration trip. There is also the option of participating in sports that require a lot of effort, such as climbing rocks and rope traversing here.
4. Rishikesh: Nestled on the banks of the Ganga, The campsites in Rishikesh are full of adventures. The campsites here are clean and well maintained, and they offer basic traditional tents that are shared. While the temperatures in Rishikesh is known to be very low, and winter camping is among the most visited tourist spots in the area. The best way to experience camping in the hills is to combine it with other sports like mountain climbing, river rafting or even hiking. Take a look at the Reviews of Thrillophilia section for further information on camping along the river in Rishikesh.
5. Tso Moriri: One of the most awe-inspiring lakes in India, Tso Msoriri is an amazing sight to behold. Camping in the lake is an experience experienced campers must not be able to miss. The lake is surrounded by snow-capped mountains on every side. The Himalayan Lake is among India’s most picturesque camping locations. There are a variety of traditional camping spots near the lake, providing breathtaking views of the sparkling Tso Moriri. The majority of camps provide spacious, well-equipped tents; however, there are some camps here too. If you’re not willing to endure the harsh Himalayan cold, the most suitable time to camp at Tso Moriri would be during the warm months.
6. Solang Valley: Among the largest adventure spots within Himachal Pradesh, Solang Valley is well-known for campers and trekkers alike. With a background of the snowcapped Himalayan mountains, the lush green valley is stunning in its freshness. Although camping in organized camps is an option, you can also pitch your tent at any of the campsites that are designated here. The camping experience in the valley isn’t a one-off activity since you can easily pair it with many other exciting activities like paragliding or parachuting, skiing, and more.
7. Nameri Eco Camp: Located in Assam, the camp is renowned for its green environment. It is nestled in the lush forests of Assam. The Nameri Eco Camp provides luxurious accommodation in thatched-roof cottage huts and tents. The proximity to Nameri National Park makes the camping spot extremely popular with those who love wildlife and visit Assam. The campsite provides meals and also serves healthy and delicious traditional meals. You can combine your stay with a range of other sports like rappelling, wildlife tours, rivers, river rafting and more. Take a look at our Thrillophilia Reviews of Nameri Eco Camp to learn more about the experiences of campers here.
indeedken.com Unavoidable daily needs.