How to choose an interstate removalist?
Moving to a new home can be incredibly challenging, exciting and stressful. After all, you have to transfer all your belongings from one place to another. Apart from packing, moving can also physically drain you. Hence, you will require the help of one of the best interstate removalists. It doesn’t matter whether you want to move locally or interstate. They will certainly assist you in making your move less challenging. You might be aware that there are many removalist companies, and it can be overwhelming to find the right one. So, you just need a few tips before choosing an interstate removalist. Following are the factors to consider.
- Cost: You must not overlook the cost of the services. It is recommended that you know what you are paying for. So, you can contact the company and request a quote. If you find some companies that provide the quote online, you can fill in all the information to attain it. Will the professionals do the packing? Are there any hidden charges? You must make sure such questions are answered before settling upon a decision. Since many removalists can charge you extra for unloading your boxes, you must read the contract before signing it. If you have more questions, you must ask them to the company and get all the details. After all, it is always better to get all your doubts cleared before choosing a service. But what if they don’t answer any of your questions clearly or don’t provide the quote? It means that you must search for another mover.
- AFRA accredited: AFRA (Australian Furniture Removers Association) is an official body of experts that regulates the removal industry with the accreditation of all the members. If the removalist company is a member of the AFRA association, it means that they have met the standards of training and safety. Removalists need to have the right equipment and vehicles. So, being part of the AFRA, various vehicles’ quality standards and appearance must be met for transportation. Many professional removalists associated with the AFRA have access to internet-based training, visual training aids and other materials. You can ensure that the interstate removalists accredited with the AFRA offer top-notch services. You can either contact them and ask about their accreditation or get details by visiting their website.
- Insurance: It is a must for the removalist company to be insured. But why is that so? That’s because accidents can occur while moving, and you must be prepared. So, if you have the insurance that covers all the belongings, you don’t have to be concerned about any damages. Hence, a good company ensures to provide insurance for your goods. In case they are not appropriately insured, it is better not to take the risk.
- Ask for referrals: You might have a family, friend or neighbour who has utilised their services. You can gain information on a few of them and narrow down your choices. You can also glance through their website and look for testimonials. Also, social media platforms allow you to know the ratings and reviews of different companies. As a result, you can learn about the various removalist companies and the types of services offered. It will help you in making the right decision.
- Great customer service: A professional removalist company will have fantastic customer service. They must be patient, polite and friendly in dealing with various issues. Their professionalism and how they treat you indicate their attitude towards you and other customers.
Conclusion: Indeed, you must want a stress-free and smooth process flow while moving from one locality or state to another. You must research and consider the above mentioned factors to attain value for money and superior services.