More and more Americans have taken the plunge, quit their regular job and set up an e-commerce website, as the global market is accessible to everyone. Setting up your own business has never been this easy and if this is on your list of things to do in 2023, here are some very useful tips to ensure that your launch is successful.
- Think UX – The ‘user experience’ is something you should always be looking at; How fast do your pages load? Is your site easy to navigate? Are there any delivery issues? The answers to questions like these will tell you a lot about the UX and you want your customers to enjoy their time on your e-store. There are powerful website features such as 24-hour chat boxes, when customers can actually talk to a member of staff and make sure you post all positive customer reviews, which adds to your credibility.
- Migrate to the Cloud – If your store data is on the cloud, you have complete cyber-security, plus you can access your data from any location. Enlist the help of a cloud services provider in Portland and they can outline the many benefits that being on the cloud brings. Of course, cyber-security is paramount when you manage a shopping cart website, as your customers’ financial data is stored on your platform.
- Third Party Logistics – The explosion of e-commerce caused a new logistics sector to emerge; third party logistics, or 3PL, services e-commerce businesses by carrying out their order fulfillment. The way to handle your picking, packing and delivery is to enlist the help of a leading 3PL company, simply send your products and packaging to the 3PL warehouse and all you have to do is forward all orders and everything will be taken care of.
- Invest in SEO – Search engine optimization is vital for every e-commerce store, as search engines like Google can drive a high volume of organic traffic to your e-store. Millions of online consumers use Google to find products and services on a daily basis and if your website is within the first 10 search results, you have a chance of doing some business. The web is in a constant state of change, with data deleted and uploaded every minute of the day, therefore a high ranking today can quickly drop off; ongoing SEO ensures that your platform receives organic traffic from Google. Here are a few tips for business growth.
- Web Needs – You might not know that you can find all web needs under a single roof; one company can register your domain address, design and build your shopping cart website and also provide essential web-hosting services. If you don’t wish to administrate the site, the web design company has you covered and you have no web worries. Here is some information about setting up your own business, which might be of use.
With the right logistics partner, great products and some SEO, there’s every reason to expect to smash your sales targets. Focus on customer service and ask for feedback, as this can be an early warning sign that service is being impacted.