If you’re a bike enthusiast, you know that choosing cool accessories is half the fun of biking. Adorning your bike with fashionable add-ons can take a basic bike and make it a beautiful bike. Whether you ride a seven-speed electric bicycle or you’re rocking an adult trike, you can upgrade your ride with the right accessories. Your bike should look as great as it feels, and some key design details will ensure that it does. Find out which five bike accessories are a must-have for bicyclists in 2022.
Bike Baskets Are a Must
- Rear-mounted bike baskets. One of the most popular accessories for bikes in 2022 is the rear-mounted bike basket. This accessory is great because it allows you to stow a backpack, groceries, or anything else you need to take with you from point A to point B. In many cases, they also offer a greater capacity than a bicycle basket front mounted. This makes them ideal for instances when you have a little extra cargo to carry.
- Front-mounted bike baskets. If you want to show off your style — and you don’t have a huge amount of stuff to tote around — a front-mounted bike basket is a great option. Bike baskets that mount on the front of your bike are often more stylish and designed to be seen. Choose from neon and pastel-colored selections to find the one that’s perfectly suited to your bike’s color scheme — and your own personal style.
- Foldable bike baskets. Sometimes you need the versatility to choose whether you want a basket or not. You might have a grocery run planned, in which case you’ll want it — but on another day, you may need the extra space to mount something else to your bike’s rear. You can enjoy the best of both worlds when you invest in a foldable bike basket like the Topeak Trolley Tote Folding MTX Rear Basket. Enjoy the ultimate versatility with this adaptable basket.
Stylish Apparel for Riding
- Apparel that offers UV protection. If you enjoy riding your electric mens bicycle around town, you’re probably exposing yourself to UV rays while doing so. Even on days when the sun isn’t directly visible, it can shine through the clouds and cause damage to your skin if it isn’t protected. That’s why it’s so important to invest in apparel that offers UV protection to your skin. In addition to upgrading your style, this clothing can ensure that you don’t sustain damage from the sun.
- Apparel that wicks away sweat. Another feature you should look for when you’re shopping for biking apparel is the ability to wick away sweat. This is especially true if you plan on enjoying a vigorous workout on your bike. Excessive sweating can quickly occur and make your workout an uncomfortable experience. You can avoid this, though, by investing in clothes that feature sweat-wicking technology. This will keep you dry and comfortable, even when you’re riding in the sun or partaking in a high-intensity bike ride.