A shade net is a knitted fabric large sheet cloth commonly used in agriculture to regulate sunlight towards crops hence improving productivity.
With shade-net application, production becomes more accurate and predictable than working in guesses without it. Many farmers would wish to understand the functioning of a shed net, which is found just here at a glance.
Shade nets are products truly on the mind of many entrepreneurs and farmers. Out of 5 farmers, at least one wonders why their crops get affected by drastic changes in seasons and weather conditions. 3 out of 5 farmers experience losses as a result of this.
The truth is that different types of crops require unique temperature and pressure conditions for maximum productivity. Carrots, for example, need care and constant maintenance for easy development. For this reason, shade nets provide a specific temperature range and pressure for such cash crops to survive. Otherwise, their vulnerability to being scorned by sunlight is high.
Under large-scale farming of such cash crops, shade nets have assured great production. However, the use of shade nets in themselves does not guarantee results- what is needed is to understand how shade nets are applied and the conditions that work best with them. Otherwise, the application of shade nets might become counterproductive.
Features of shade net systems
A shade net system necessitates more than just nets. Supporting beams are used depending on the crop and preference. In most cases, metallic supporters are used, which enhances the overall appearance and makes the structure viable for maximum production.
A variety of factors influence the shade net price in Kenya. Aside from the installation aspects, the following are some of the features of shade nets:
- Shade effect varies depending on the strength of the fabric, as their cooling effects vary.
- The shade nets do not have any side effects on workers or the environment.
- Colours do differ as to the farmer’s choice. The most common are black and green.
- They are breathable and UV stabilized.
- They are tough under tight installation.
- They are light and easy to install.
- Shade nets can be reused.
Advantages of shade net application
Shade net application has many benefits given that they are already applied.
- Shade nets can be used for a relatively long time with even different varieties of crops without any alteration to their general structure. Farmers are guaranteed more than ten years of usage without needing constant maintenance if installed correctly.
- The nets can be transferred from one farm to another if farming preferences change.
- Shade nets assure accurate and predictable productivity for the farmer since the right conditions would be in place.
- Shade net application triggers the development of other agricultural techniques like applying irrigation schemes which otherwise could not be necessary.
Disadvantages of shade net application
The only disadvantage of shade net is that it requires a large amount of capital to buy and install. However, this is only a hard step towards perpetual success.
Shade net application for farming has significantly elevated farming techniques and promoted research in agriculture. The choice is yours.